On Saturday, Adair County Sheriff Josh Brockman received a call of a suspicious vehicle on Bull Run Road, two miles east of Columbia.
Brockman and Deputy Derek Padgett located the vehicle — a 2013 black Dodge Avenger — and initiated contact. The operator appeared under the influence during a roadside investigation, according to a release from the sheriff’s office.
A field sobriety test was conducted by Padgett, and as a result, Shawn Nuckols, 31, of Tompkinsville, was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs. It was also found that he was operating on a suspended drivers license for three prior DUIs.
Upon taking him into custody, pills and suspected methamphetamine were found concealed in his belt line during a search.
Nuckols was lodged in the Adair County Regional Jail on charges of:
• possession of controlled substance, 1st degree, methamphetamine
• possession of a controlled substance, 3rd degree, pills unspecified
• possession of prescription controlled substance not in original container
• possession of drug paraphernalia
• operating a motor vehicle under influence of drugs, 4th offense
• operating on DUI suspended license
• no insurance
Padgett was assisted by Brockman.
This post is brought to you as part of our Adair Drug Tuesday.